In this episode of Mind Body Beauty, I talk with Vanessa Breden from Transformations Beyond Beauty about her wellness journey, her thoughts on what Beyond Beautiful really means and her tips for choosing and using make-up (especially for those of us with sensitive skin or skin issues like acne and rosacea)
Vanessa owns a Wellness Studio called Transformations Beyond Beauty. She’s a personal trainer, Pilates instructor, make-up artist, nutritional medicine student and wellness advocate.
Over the years Vanessa has transformed her own health, learning to successfully manage the debilitating symptoms of Hashimotos Thyroiditis and Fibromyalgia without medication.
I chat with Vanessa about:
- Vanessa’s experience with fibromyalgia and hashimoto’s thyroiditis and her wellness journey
- The role food and real food can play in autoimmune conditions
- Gluten as a trigger for autoimmune symptoms
- Informed self-care
- Food and Mood coaching in the Transformations Beyond Beauty Wellness Studio
- Encouraging people to pay attention to how they feel after eating and monitoring stress, sleep and water intake
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, real beauty is something that comes from within you
- It’s not about how you look, it’s about how you feel about how you look
- People who own the room are those that feel good about themselves
- Being “Beyond Beautiful” is about finding your true inner beauty and actually being able to express that
- It’s not about creating a new you, it’s about creating a true you
- Vanessa’s thoughts on make-up and how we can judge people who wear make-up or look a certain way
- Make-up is like fashion for your face and how make-up makes you feel
- The mistakes people can make when choosing and applying make-up
- Making sure you choose the right shade of foundation
- Make-up tips for people with sensitive skin or skin issues like acne and rosacea
- Looking out for ingredients in make-up
- Vanessa’s own skincare routine
Want to find out which Chemicals to Avoid in your Make-up and your other Skin Care Products?
Let me know what you think!