On this episode of Mind Body Beauty, we’re talking how and why our poo and bowel habits can affect our skin and our healthy glow with the lovely tea drinking yogini, Lynda Griparic.
We chat about how constipation can even drive skin issues like acne and rosacea …and also what you can do about it.
Lynda Griparic is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist, Writer and Speaker with over 14 years of experience in the health industry. Lynda specialises in constipation, gut health and weight loss. She has extensive experience in running healthy, effective and sustainable bowel care and weight loss programs and has expertise in investigating and treating the underlying causes of weight gain, metabolic problems and gut disturbance.
Lynda has an intense interest in poo and she’s also the creator of the delicious BetterMe Tea (or BeMT …get it? Be empty?!)
I chat with Lynda about:
- How she became known as the “poo whisperer”
- Her experience with constipation as a frequent traveller
- Connecting the dots between bad breath, stomach pain, skin breakouts and constipation
- What is the link between gut health, constipation and skin?
- How constipation can lead to leaky gut and gut dysbiosis (alterations in gut flora) as well as inflammation
- Our skin is our immune defence and responds to internal disruptions in gut flora and inflammation
- Recycling hormones and waste products and the effects on the body of reabsorption of these compounds
- What role constipation plays with acne and rosacea, in particular
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Why taking antibiotics for acne and rosacea can be problematic
- How often should we be going to the toilet? …and what should our poo look like?
- The problems with taking laxatives
- What can cause constipation? Stress, iron deficiency, parasites, not moving enough, certain medication
- How movement and yoga can help move things along if you’re constipated
- How magnesium can help with constipation and our Ecology Mineral Bath Salts
- What works well for Lynda to help get things moving, what she eats and drinks, her morning routine, breath work, moving, tapping, taking breaks regularly, squatting
- Poophoria tickles my fancy
- Best tips for travelling to avoid constipation
- Lynda’s BetterMe tea, what’s in it and how it works
- Naturopathic consulting with Lynda
- GIVEAWAY: Enter here
- Lynda Griparic Naturopath
- Replenishing Mineral Bath Salts
- Happy Crap Stools (squatty potty): Birksy the Bearded Builder