FiRE TONiC ® is a raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (ACV) tincture that’s alive with the ‘Mother of Vinegar’.
In addition to the apple cider vinegar, this prebiotic ‘liquid gold’ also contains turmeric, chillies, garlic and horseradish… it’s a great way to kick start everyday and keep on top of whatever ails you.
The gut and the skin are intimately connected, which is why fermented foods, beverages and probiotics come in at #6 on our Top 10 list of Skin Super Foods!
Turmeric is #10 in our Top 10 Skin Super Foods. It contains curcumin and other antioxidants, as well as Vitamins B6, B3 and Vitamin C.
Turmeric is a powerful anti inflammatory ingredient that’s also rich in antioxidants, which makes it a great anti-aging superfood.
Beauty Benefits of Prebiotics, Probiotics and Fermented Beverages:
- Prebiotics are a food source for the beneficial bacteria in your gut. They’re also helpful for rebalancing the skin’s microbiome
- Probiotics introduce beneficial bacteria and other microbes into the gut that can help to improve digestion, promote bowel regularity and heal the gut. Which means you’ll be better able to digest and absorb all of the nutrients needed for healthy, glowing skin
- Having good bacteria in the gut can help with the elimination of toxins and free radicals in the body that can otherwise damage skin and cause early signs of ageing
- Probiotics have been shown to reduce systemic inflammation and oxidative stress, reduce carb cravings, prevent blood sugar spikes, balance hormones and reduce insulin driven outbreaks of acne and other inflammatory skin conditions
- Lactobacillus, Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidus have been shown to be helpful for acne and there is some evidence to suggest probiotics might be helpful for rosacea as well as building collagen and protecting against early signs of ageing
- Probiotics can help protect skin against UV damage from the sun (which can contribute to early signs of ageing), more research is needed in this area
Beauty Benefits of Turmeric:
- Turmeric contains curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidant which helps to boost the activity of the body’s own antioxidant enzyme, glutathione
- Antioxidants can help reduce the oxidative stress on the body that can lead to premature aging and the formation of fine lines and wrinkles
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of turmeric have been shown to be helpful for soothing and calming the symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and other skin issues that have a basis in inflammation
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to reduce free radical damage from sun exposure
- Vitamin C is needed for collagen formation and tissue repair. It helps to rejuvenate the appearance of skin, speed wound healing and protects against early signs of ageing
This Hilbilby Fire Tonic is adapted from a traditional folk remedy and handmade in Torquay (on the Surf Coast).
FiRE TONiC ® is a herbal infusion colloquially known as Master Tonic or Fire Cider.
This next level RAW unfiltered, unpasteurised Apple Cider Vinegar [ACV] Tincture, adapted from a Traditional Folk Remedy & handmade in small batches in Torquay on the Surf Coast of Victoria, Australia … FiRE TONiC ® is a LIVE Herbal Infusion with the Mother of Vinegar [MOV]
It’s a prebiotic herbal infusion that acts as a potent immune booster and metabolic stimulant and is recommended as daily health tonic 5ml – 15mL, 1 – 3 times per day.
ACV, raw local honey, chillies, turmeric, garlic, horseradish, ginger, carrot, celery, red onion, brown onion, apple, orange, lemon, mustard seed, parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme, juniper berries, peppercorns, bay leaves, Szechuan pepper & Himalayan pink mineral salt.
… many of the ingredients are organically grown at Hilbilby HQ with others sourced fresh locally where possible, each with its own medicinal, health and healing properties.