Featuring activated bamboo charcoal, Tasmanian seaweed and a hint of mint, this Voodoo Activated Charcoal Shampoo Bar gently absorbs scalp impurities, pollutants and excess sebum to leave your hair feeling squeaky clean and swishable.
Great news for blondies: it acts as a natural toner
This shampoo bar delivers a rich, creamy lather and thorough clean, while toning dull, coloured hair, making this shampoo bar a favourite among many, especially blondes
(as a natural toner, it makes a great alternative to chemical-based toners and lightening treatments!)
Who is it for?
This bar is suitable for all hair types, but works particularly well on oily, dandruff-prone scalps. It has also been known to effectively tone blonde and coloured hair in lighter shades.
These solid shampoo bars are traditionally handmade by Beauty and the Bees in Tasmania
All of the Beauty and the Bee shampoo bars are very gentle and moisturising compared to commercial shampoo.
…and they’re especially helpful for people with dry scalp, dandruff or eczema.
Users feed back that their colour ( chemical or natural ) is enriched and enhanced, and that they wash their hair far less.
- 100% natural and handmade
- Palm oil and chemical free
- Plastic free and low waste packaging
- Totally free of harsh synthetic detergents ( like Sodium Laureth Sulphate ) that dry hair and scalp and pollute waterways
- Great for those on grey water recycling systems as the shampoo bar are 100% biodegradeable and safe
9 things to know about this raw, rare and real charcoal and honey shampoo bar:
- It’s handcrafted, totally natural and free from harsh chemicals and synthetic detergents (like SLS) that are all the rage in commercial hair care products.
- As a naturally solid cube, it lasts a looooong time. (Even longer considering healthy hair doesn’t get greasy as fast or need washing as often.) Less packaging, zero single-use plastics, and all the savings for you, oh frugal one.
- This purifying bar is great for all hair types. But if you’ve got an oily, dandruff-prone scalp or blonde tresses that need toning, it’s pure magic.
- That’s because it’s packed with activated bamboo charcoal, which is even better than regular charcoal at mopping up impurities and wicking away excess oil and sebum. Plus, bamboo is a sustainable crop.
- Fucus vesiculosus. Say that three times and keep a straight face. This seaweed ingredient has a tonne of benefits, delivering vitamins, minerals, trace elements, amino acids, antioxidants for strong, shiny and hydrated mermaid hair.
- It won’t turn your hair black, promise! In fact, it acts as a natural toner for blondes, busting that bothersome brassiness to leave your locks looking cool.
- And hey, we better mention that this shampoo bar is packed full of honey, too. But not just any bee juice, pure Tasmanian Leatherwood honey and beeswax from the remote West Coast wilderness. Beauty and the Bees is proud to partner with R. Stephens, a family of apiarists who’ve been tending hives in the rainforest for over 100 years.
- Combined with nourishing ingredients like coconut, olive and castor, you get all the benefits of activated charcoal shampoo while enjoying serious moisturization and repair for your hair and scalp.
- With all this talk of wild beauty, it’s good to know that this low-waste and non-toxic shampoo bar is a big vote for the environment. It’s safe for you, our waterways, our wildlife, and our one precious planet.
The herbs, honey, waxes, plant oils, mineral and clay ingredients used in the Beauty and the Bees products have been used by humans for centuries.
Each ingredient has been specifically chosen because it is natural and has a history of benefiting the body is some special way. Beauty and the Bees choose local products as often as they can to support our local industry and to reduce our impact on the environment. In addition organic and certified products are sourced whenever it is possible to do so.
Ingredients include Tasmania’s unique raw, unpasteurised Leatherwood honey, certified organic olive oil, coconut oil, raw castor oil, Leatherwood beeswax, and certified organic and bio dynamic Tasmanian herbs. These fine and pure ingredients leave hair glossy and shiny as well as gently cleanse the hair without stripping your head’s natural oils.
This helps hair retain moisture and condition.
The colour of the bar directly reflects the essential oils, herbs, spices, flowers, fruits clays, honey and botanicals used to make it.