High quality grass-fed liver is #5 in our Top 10 Skin Superfoods!
Grass-fed liver contains B12, iron, zinc and fat soluble vitamins A, D, E & K …all of the nutrients needed to help the liver eliminate toxins, a process that is critical for healthy glowing skin.
Many cultures recognise that “like helps to support like”, so traditionally liver was eaten to support healthy liver function.
In the same way athletes eat protein to build strong muscles.
Beauty Benefits of Grass-fed-Liver:
- The liver is responsible for breaking down toxins, food chemicals and hormones and clearing these waste products from the body. If the liver is overwhelmed, these by-products can accumulate and be sent to the skin to be cleared out, resulting in inflamed skin. Eating liver helps to support our own liver function and liver detoxification.
- Liver is a rich source of zinc, which helps to regulate skin’s oil production and balance the hormones that can drive acne.
- Liver also contains fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E & K, all of which are critical for good skin health.
- Vitamin A promotes cellular turnover in skin, it can slow down the breakdown of collagen and elastin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles
But if you’re not a fan of eating liver (and that’s ok, not everyone is), then these freeze dried liver capsules are a good way to go!
It’s essentially a nutrient-dense, whole food in a capsule.
Traditional cultures throughout the world considered animal organs and glands to be some of the most essential, nutrient-dense foods available.
Gram for gram, liver contains more nutrients than any other food on earth!
The Thankfully Nourished Australian Organic Liver capsules are:
- Made from certified organic, grass-fed, Australian beef cattle
- Freeze dried from fresh raw liver
- GMO free
- Dairy and gluten free
- Convenient and tasteless!
The freeze drying process goes the extra mile to preserve all the fragile nutritional elements and then milled and encapsulated for easy consumption.
Gram for gram, liver contains more nutrients than any other food on earth and is:
- The most concentrated and usable source of vitamin A
- Abundant B-group vitamins, particularly vitamin B12 and folic acid
- Rich amounts of trace-minerals, including copper, zinc and chromium
- CoQ10, a nutrient of particular importance to the cardiovascular system, and a renowned energy booster
- Convenient 180 capsules per container
Thankfully Nourished independant test results have shown their powder to contain the following per 1/2 tsp (6 caps):
Iron: 0.56 mg (approx same amount found in 25g beef)
Vitamin B12: 3.6 mcg (150% RDI for adults)
Folate: 28.8mcg (7.2% RDI for adults)
Vitamin A: 450IU (50% RDI for adults)
The recommended adult daily amount of Vitamin A from all sources is 2500IU.
Thankfully Nourished testing shows there is approx. 150IU Vitamin A per gram of liver powder
Take 2-6 capsules daily (1-3 caps for children)
May be taken with or without food.
May also be opened and sprinkled onto food or into a drink, or taken whole.
Store at room temperature.