High quality grass-fed liver is #5 in our Top 10 Skin Superfoods!
Grass-fed liver contains B12, iron zinc and fat soluble vitamins A, D, E & K …all of the nutrients needed to help the liver eliminate toxins, a process that is critical for healthy glowing skin.
Many cultures recognise that “like helps to support like”, so traditionally liver was eaten to support healthy liver function. In the same way athletes eat protein to build strong muscles.
Beauty Benefits of Grass-fed-Liver:
- The liver is responsible for breaking down toxins, food chemicals and hormones and clearing these waste products from the body. If the liver is overwhelmed, these by-products can accumulate and be sent to the skin to be cleared out, resulting in inflamed skin. Eating liver helps to support our own liver function and liver detoxification.
- Liver is a rich source of zinc, which helps to regulate skin’s oil production and balance the hormones that can drive acne.
- Liver also contains fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E & K, all of which are critical for good skin health.
- Vitamin A promotes cellular turnover in skin, it can slow down the breakdown of collagen and elastin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles
But if you’re not a fan of eating liver (and that’s ok, not everyone is), then these freeze dried liver capsules are a good way to go!
It’s essentially a nutrient-dense, whole food in a capsule.
These beef liver capsules have been produced in a collaboration between Chef Pete Evans and the Gelatin Brothers from Gelpro Australia.
They’ve sourced the most pristine Tasmanian grass-fed and grass-finished cattle they could find.
The livers are simply freeze dried to retain nutrient value and then milled and encapsulated for easy consumption. No fillers, no flowing agents, no colours, no preservatives – just simply the best Australian beef liver in an easy to consume format.
- 100% Australian sourced – Pristine Tasmanian
- 100% organic Grass Fed and Finished (No grains ever)
- 100% Hormone free
- 100% Antibiotic free
- GMO free
- British breed beef only
- Humanely & Sustainably grown
“One of the roles of the liver is to neutralize toxins (such as drugs, chemical agents and poisons); but the liver does not store toxins.
The liver is not a storage organ for toxins but it is a storage organ for many important nutrients (vitamins A, D, E, K, B12 and folic acid, and minerals such as copper and iron). These nutrients provide the body with some of the tools it needs to get rid of toxins” ~ Lyn Razaitis, Weston A. Price Foundation