Good quality bone broth is my #1 Skin Super Food (alongside gelatin and collagen)
Bone broth is rich in trace minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium, silicon and phosphorus) as well as anti-ageing collagen and hyaluronic acid.
This extra special superblend contains dehydrated bone broth (from grass-fed, organic beef bones) plus carefully selected Australian native bush foods – Wattle Seed, Kakadu Plum and Lemon Myrtle creates a bone broth with a superfood punch!
Beauty Benefits of Bone Broth
- High quality bone broth is a dietary source of collagen. Eating or drinking collagen boosts the body’s own collagen production, helping to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin elasticity
- Bone broth is rich in amino acids, glycine and proline. Both of which are critical building blocks for healthy hair, skin and nails
- Glycine can help to calm the gut, improving digestion and gut repair
- Glycine can also help regulate blood sugar levels and combat sugar cravings
- Additionally, glycine has a general calming effect that can reduce stress and improve sleep
- Hyaluronic acid in bone broth hydrates skin and helps skin retain moisture
Beauty Benefits of Kakadu Plum:
- Kakadu Plum is an anti-inflammatory, anti-ageing superfood that has one of the highest levels of natural Vitamin C of any food on the planet!
- Vitamin C is needed for collagen formation and tissue repair. It helps to rejuvenate the appearance of skin, speed wound healing and protects against early signs of ageing.
- Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that helps to reduce free radical damage from sun exposure
- Kakadu plum contains copper, iron, magnesium and potassium
- It also contains more antioxidants than blueberries, which helps to prevent free radical damage and protect against visible signs of ageing
All of which helps to keep your skin looking smooth, supple and radiant!
The boys from Gelatin Australia teamed up with Chef Pete Evans to create this truely unique bone broth.
Let’s start with the broth
Using only grass fed, organic beef bones, simmered for more than 24hrs with nothing but organic apple cider vinegar and Himalayan salt which help in extracting the minerals and goodness from the bones themselves. We then let this wonderful elixir cool down, we strain it before it goes through a slow drying process so that the nutrients are not destroyed by heat.
The Australian native bushfoods in this blend:
Wattle Seeds are gently roasted and ground to semi powder form to provide a beautiful nutty, subtle coffee flavour to the broth combined with an aroma of chocolate. This has been a staple of Indigenous Australians for thousands of years, namely for its protein content and high concentration of potassium, calcium, iron and zinc
Wildcrafted Kakadu Plum, also known as Gubinge, this gorgeous plum is considered a gift of the Dreamtime by indigenous Australians and it is easy to see why. It has one of the highest contents of Vitamin C of any fruit in the world and has been used by indigenous Australians for thousands of years as a food.
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- Contributes to iron absorption from food
- Is necessary for normal connective tissue structure and function
- Is necessary for normal blood vessel structure and function
- Contributes to cell protection from free radical damage
- Is necessary for normal neurological function
- Contributes to normal growth and development in children
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal structure of cartilage and bones
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of teeth and gums
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin
- Contributes to normal energy metabolism
- Contributes to normal psychological function
- Contributes to the normal immune system function
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Wildcrafted Lemon Myrtle is another great Australian native shrub that has a wonderful aroma and taste of lemon and lime. We love the lingering aftertaste that lemon myrtle leaves and are pleased with the lifting qualities it has provided our broth.