Beauty Sleep (definition): sleep taken before midnight, regarded as the most refreshing portion and
Getting your beauty sleep is super important for healthy, youthful looking skin!
We naturally begin producing melatonin in the brain from around 9pm onwards.
Melatonin makes us feel sleepy – it’s our primary sleepy-time hormone.
When we sit in front of the computer, watch TV or scroll through our smartphones at nighttime, the blue light from these screens continually stimulates our awake hormones. Preventing melatonin from being released.
The result is we don’t go through that natural wind-down and end up staying up later than we ordinarily would.
Why is melatonin important?
Melatonin continues to be produced while we sleep, it helps to regulate our daily body clock.
It’s also known as our chief anti-ageing antioxidant.
That’s right, getting enough good quality sleep can keep you looking younger!
Sleep deprivation has been shown to weaken our skin’s protective barrier function and to slow down wound repair and collagen repair.
When collagen is declining, skin can lose it’s firmness and suppleness, which over time leads to sagging skin and wrinkles.
Blocking the stimulating effects of blue light from devices at nighttime can help you get to bed earlier and have a more restful sleep
So these Blue Blocker glasses will help you get to bed earlier (before midnight)
And, help you get more beauty sleep… so you can wake up looking refreshed and rejuvenated!
- 1 pair of blue light blocking glasses
- Comes with a pouch, cleaning cloth and a protective bamboo case
- Can block up to 90% of stimulating blue light from devices
- Specifically designed to block blue light, reducing eyestrain and headaches and promoting more restful sleep
- Scratch resistant
- Funky style compared to standard UVEX blue light blocking glasses
- Wear at night time when exposed to stimulating blue light from screens and devices