Having healthy, glowing skin is intimately connected to our gut health and good digestion.
Supporting good gut health and digestion helps to calm inflammation in both the body and the skin.
In addition to absorbing nutrients needed for healthy glowing skin, the gut is also a route of elimination from the body, flushing out toxins, hormones and chemicals that have been detoxified by the liver.
If we’re constipated (or not going to the toilet regularly), then these hormones and chemicals can be reabsorbed into our bodies and create havoc.
These chemicals can be pushed through to the skin to be cleared out of the body.
Which can cause inflamed skin, skin congestion and breakouts. It can also contribute to skin issues like acne and rosacea.
A sweet and spicy tea, designed by naturopath Lynda Griparic to stimulate digestion and healthy elimination.
“Like many I have struggled with sluggish bowel movements particularly when traveling or when anxious or stressed. With a deep understanding of the harmful, long-term consequences of laxative use I chose to avoid that route. Instead I found myself selecting specific herbs to brew that not only taste delicious but ones that naturally support digestion and healthy elimination of waste. After hearing time and time again from patients that they too struggled with sluggish bowel movements for various reasons I decided that my aptly named BetterMe Tea needed to be shared and loved by more than just me.”
Benefits of BetterMe TEA
- Does not create dependency
- Tastes great
- Does not cause cramping or pain
- Stimulates digestion and elimination
- Helps with weight loss
- Helps to calm excessive wind
- Soothes an irritated gut
- All organic ingredients
Why do we need to Poo?
It’s our body’s natural way of excreting waste, toxins and hormones.
The skin, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and bronchioles are also elimination organs but it is the bowel that is most abused and neglected.
What are some of the consequences of constipation?
- Toxicity: we recycle our waste and hormone byproducts.
- Toxins and bacteria accumulate in the bowel. Food rots, ferments and forms gas.
- Leaky gut: toxins, cholesterol and fats leak into the bloodstream and lymph and affects the health of our other organs. Often the weakest.
- Poor energy: toxicity leads to poor oxygen distribution in the body. Without oxygen, energy is low. A tired body does not throw off toxins well.
- Stimulates growth of dangerous bacteria and parasites.
- All of the above often leads to chronic inflammatory conditions such as; acne, eczema, anxiety, depression, weight gain/loss, autoimmunity, chronic fatigue, inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, PCOS, thyroid disorders and heart irregularities.